WE ARE HIRING!
The foundation for Klean the Klutter was built on the core values of making a difference in people’s lives, building relationships and creating spaces that make people live and feel their best. We believe the ability to control and enjoy our physical space can truly help us lead a more centered, balanced, and well-adjusted life. We focus on helping our clients shift to a simpler lifestyle and create systems in order to maintain a clutter-free life, which will reduce their stress, increase their productivity and improve their focus. Our ultimate goal is to provide motivation and guidance, so clients feel supported throughout the time we work together. We specialize in decluttering, maximizing small spaces, moving management and creating organized systems
Professional Junior Organizer
Do you have a true passion for Decluttering and Organizing? Are you a person who loves working closely with people? Do you have experience coaching and/or teaching? If so, being a Professional Organizer may be a good fit for you.
- Provide personalized in-home organizing services with the goal of helping clients sort, systemize and spruce up their spaces
- Conduct in-home consultations and on-site organizing
- Identify individualized client needs, discuss potential projects areas, tour and evaluate spaces, assess project needs, outline goals, and create personalized action plans
- Decluttter and organize any room or space in a residential home, including home offices
- Research and/or shop for organizing supplies and solutions for clients
- Perform various marketing and networking activities to help generate qualified leads
- Complete sales activities to include having new clients sign our service agreement and collecting payment
Additional Expectations and Responsibilities
- Follow the Klean the Klutter Method of organizing systems and processes
- Maintain personal supplies and equipment required in your organizing tool tote
- Coordinate appointments and manage schedule using the company’s calendar system
- Must have a cell phone with voicemail so clients and Klean the Klutter can reach you in a timely manner
- Access to internet, computer, printer, scan/fax app in order to properly maintain communications with the team and clients
- Respond to team and client inquiries within 24 hours
- Maintain client file system
- Network and market to help find people that need our services
- Generate leads and close clients during the sales process
- Be in proper uniform while organizing or representing Klean the Klutter
- Attend team meetings
Onsite training will be required before Junior Organizers are permitted to work with clients. Training will include how to evaluate a client’s current organizing challenge and develop a plan that honors the clients’ vision, timeline, budget and personality.
Some organizing jobs will be performed in a professional team environment with normal noise levels and interesting distractions. Junior Organizers will also “fly solo” and organize one-on-one with the client and their family. Some jobs go according to plan and some require you to be flexible, adapt and overcome to achieve results for the client.
Junior Organizers must have a car and be willing to travel within the DC Metro Area
- District of Columbia
- Northern Virginia (Alexandria, Fairfax County, Arlington County)
- Maryland (Montgomery County, PG County, Anne-Arundel County, Howard County)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to coach, teach and guide a client
- Space Planning
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Good listener
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Works well with different types of personalities
- Sales and networking skills
- Ability to adapt and overcome (be flexible)
- Great time management skills
Part-time (10-20 hours/week) positions available. Hours vary weekly and are not guaranteed. Some of our clients are professionals that work Monday-Friday, which means you may have to work some evenings or weekends. This career is perfect for people who do not have the pressure of being the breadwinner, but would like to bring in income to increase the quality of life for their families. We are able to tailor your career track to allow you to weave your career in to your life without sacrificing your family or personal goals.
$20/hour – $30/hour based on experience level. We do not offer health insurance.
We require that our organizers have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
Computer with Access to Internet, Email, Smartphone with Voicemail, Camera and PDF Scan App, Label Maker
Can lift 50 pounds, climb stairs, use a step stool or small ladder. Organizing requires mental and physical stamina. Working in many different homes requires the ability to tolerate typical household odors that derive from pets, dust, smoke or fragrances. We do not work with in excessively dirty or unsafe homes.
If you have questions about beginning a career with Klean the Klutter, please feel free to email us (email@example.com).